[c-nsp] Larger scale router rollout tools?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Thu Jul 5 02:15:59 EDT 2007

Thanks for the input ... due to the fact that things like the scp, or
even netconf, would require setting up a working network config first, I
stuck with hacking up a little expect script, which now does:

- initial console login
- configuring vlan1
- retrieving the router config via tftp to startup
- reboot the router
- waits for it to come back up
- login again
- wait for the DSL connection to come up
- do a ping test to confirm reachability of the LAC and the customer server

works quite nicely, and didn't take long either ... I estimate the final
rollout should only take as little as maybe 10-15min/router ... with it
being mostly a no-brainer, as all that will be required is a location ID
to be put into the computer and written on the box ... ;)

Thanks again ...

-garry