[c-nsp] qos on cat2950

Roman Bestuzhev vhelgi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 07:49:28 EDT 2007

Thanks for information.

I searched the list for 2007-2006 and couldn't find that discussion, only
several topics about various qos aspects on 2950/2960. Nothing about buffers
tuning. Is it possible that the discussion is in older archives?

I also tried to google something about qos & buffers & 2950 but couldn't
find anything useful. Moreover, there is IOS command buffers, which can be
used to tune buffers on cisco device, including cat2950. I am going to play
with it. But there is nothing about it in cisco documentation for 2950
switches for 12.1(22)EA2 (this IOS version is used on my device) and older
releases. That's strange.

2007/7/5, Higham, Josh <jhigham at epri.com>:

> I believe the problem may be due to small buffers; there was a
> discussion on this list recently regarding maximum rates for policed
> traffic.
>
> Not sure, but hope it helps.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh