[c-nsp] Advice on upgrade

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Jul 7 05:30:50 EDT 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007 17:06, Gary Stanley wrote:

> I'd look at the 7201, it has a couple gb of memory, quite a
> few gig ports, only consumes 84W(?) of power, and is in 1u
> form factor.

Would this box be capable of anything beyond 1Gbps (much less
a sustained 800Mbps throughput)? From previous (limited)
posts on this list and general "word-on-the-street", the
NPE-G2 (on which the 7201 is based) will only be able to
tickle 1Gbps, and that depends on features enabled.

It would be great to hear from folk who have deployed the
NPE-G2/7201 on what they are *really* seeing under their
conditions.

Mark.