[c-nsp] 7200 question

Jeff Crowe listacct at genhex.net
Mon Jul 9 11:41:49 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to configure a router that will be able to handle the following:

Multichannel T3 (probably PA-MC-T3),
Couple of routed FE ports
Gig Uplink to switching fabric

I am thinking a 7200, but what kind of processing engine should I be looking
at?  This unit will be primarily used for T1 aggregation and not too much
else.  I could probably even start of with a PA-8T1 card instead of the T3
card.

Also - if anyone knows of a unit that can take a Multichannel DS3 and turn
it into vlans over Eth (Gig/FE) please let me know.  I have looked at the
Turin unit - but 12 DS3's are overkill for my purposes.  I am looking at 1
T3.  It would need to do MLPPP on the DS1 level - I am not too worried about
the DS0 as we don't offer fractional T1.

Thanks,

Jeff