[c-nsp] BGP leak prefixes over IPv4 tunnel

Nick Kraal nick at arc.net.my
Wed Jul 11 03:49:24 EDT 2007

Hi all,

A memory loss problem here.

We/ISP_A are trying to leak prefixes (which are not seen on the public
Internet) to a remote network/ISP_B via BGP. At this point of time we
are planning to build this via BGP over a IPv4 tunnel interface.

ISP_A-------Transit_Provider-------ISP_B  :physical connection
    ==================================
    Tunnel /30 WAN address from ISP_A      :tunneled 'WAN' connection

The BGP session is built on the tunnel /30 'WAN' address, and are
announcing ISP_A and the leak prefixes to ISP_B via this arrangement.
And ISP_B will announce their prefixes via the this tunneled session also.

The BGP and route map configurations are standard vanilla. I seem to
remember some issues caused by BGP loop detection, and need some static
routes to be involved. This is where the memory fails.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-nick/