[c-nsp] SLB Question

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Wed Jul 11 12:29:38 EDT 2007

Paul,

I recommend that you look at the ACE module. It's the latest and
greatest HW based SLB solution (a blade on the 6500):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6906/index.html

If you really need to be able to provide access to the VIP from the same
L2 domain where the real servers are located, I would recommend moving
to dispatched mode.
Just disable "nat server", and configure the VIP as a loopback interface
on the real servers (easily done on any OS). This would allow the
servers to use the VIP as a source, so both remote and local clients
would be able to access the VIP on the SLB instance, but the return
traffic would not require a translation back...

Arie