[c-nsp] SLB Question

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Wed Jul 11 13:27:33 EDT 2007

Right from the IOS SLB documentation:

IOS SLB has the following restrictions:

•Does not support load balancing of flows between clients and real
servers that are on the same local area network (LAN) or virtual LAN
(VLAN). The packets being load balanced cannot enter and leave the
load-balancing device on the same interface.

Which basically means, same subnet/L2 is out, and you can't even hairpin
the traffic in and out of the same L3 interface.  Still though, bridging
VLANs together may work.  I've never personally tested that, but I
wouldn't recommend that either...

-Robert