[c-nsp] configure 876 with qos

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Mon Jul 16 07:54:06 EDT 2007

Ahmad Cheikh Moussa wrote:

> I want to configure qos on 870 series router.
> The goal is to prioritise the VoiP Traffic.
> Everytime I wanto to activate the polica-map on the
> Interface I got the error mesage "configuration failed".

I haven't needed to do this on an 870 so this is just a guess,
but you probably need to attach the policy to a physical interface
rather than an SVI.

If you only want the policy to affect VLAN 1 then you'll need
a nested policy map matching that VLAN. The documentation for
12.4T should describe this and there's also some good info in
the Quality of Service solutions design guide (or config guide).

You probably also want to use the 'priority' keyword for
class VOICE.

Regards,
Brad