[c-nsp] configure 876 with qos

Dennis Breithaupt mail at dennisbreithaupt.de
Tue Jul 17 06:44:25 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've some questions on that topic, too :)

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:55:41 +0200, Ivan Gasparik <ivan at ig.sk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The right place to activate policy-map in case of DSL WAN connection
> is PVC inside interface ATM0:
>
> interface ATM0
>  pvc x/y
>   cbr <speed>
>   service-policy output voice

What exactly does the "cbr"-adjustment do under the pvc? Does it have an real
effect on data flow or is it just an administrative/management configuration?

We're having the problem, that we have a load auf 100% on our ADSL-lines on the
upstream, because we're uploading massive background traffic. That leads to
horrible high latency times. So we want to achieve, that we're only using i.e.
80% of the upload bandwidth.

Sadly we can't use "bandwidth average" in the service policy, because the 836
(in our case), but I think the 876, too, can't shape on ATM. (afaik)

Is that the case? Our has cbr an effect on bandwidth limiting, too?

Can I also combine WRED with this adjustment? My tries with WRED were not
successfull, because the OutQ was always "0".

Thanks, regards,

Dennis
[...]