[c-nsp] Temp sensors on 6500 48 10/100/1000 module

Holemans Wim wim.holemans at ua.ac.be
Wed Jul 18 08:11:18 EDT 2007

Can anyone tell me where the temp sensors on a WS-X6148-GE-TX board are
physically located ?

This is part of the env info :

  module 2 outlet temperature: 27C
  module 2 inlet temperature: 24C
  module 2 device-1 temperature: 25C
  module 2 device-2 temperature: 27C
  module 3 outlet temperature: 27C
  module 3 inlet temperature: 25C
  module 3 device-1 temperature: 25C
  module 3 device-2 temperature: 30C
  module 4 outlet temperature: 27C
  module 4 inlet temperature: 25C
  module 4 device-1 temperature: 25C
  module 4 device-2 temperature: 28C

Module 2-4 are the same modules and all temp seem to be within limits
but module 3 device-2 temp is rather high compared to the other
temperatures. Can anyone tell me where this sensor is physical located
on the board ? Front ? Back ? Left ? Right ?

I also have a question about the fans : there is a command to show the
fan status but what is the output if one of the fans fails ?
Does it signal single fan failure or only full-fan failure ?

Greetings,

Wim Holemans
Network Services
University of Antwerp