[c-nsp] Cisco 7507 RSP4+ with VIP-2 and 2PA-FE-TX

insan praja insan_katob at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 08:54:47 EDT 2007

Guys,
I recently got an used 7507 box, running 12.2 IOS.
After running several benchmarking using NetIQ Chariot
5.4 high performance testing script, I noticed that
the box never reaches 45% of it's interface speed.
The benchmark it's self consist of 6 tcp session, and
on the box, cef dan mls is enabled (I use vlan
trunking on both interfaces).
Is it possible that the box got too old to forward
such traffic (well, I expect it could forward at least
75% of it's interface bandwidth) or is there anything
on the box that I had to configure to achieve such
performance?

Thanks,

Insan