[c-nsp] ASA : create read only access to the ASDM?

ChrisSerafin chris at chrisserafin.com
Fri Jul 20 14:25:56 EDT 2007

I tried creating a privilege 0 account for a client for read-only access
to their ASA firewalls.   For the CLI login, it won't matter cause they
don't know the enable password, so that keeps them from making changes.
But for the ASDM login, I was able to login with the privilege 0 account
and make changes to the device (adding users).

I searched cisco.com and of course I found nothing good.

Should I create some 'privilege level 0' commands? I looked at that
command and I didn't see anything to specify ASDM read only.

Any comments appreciated ,

Chris Serafin
Security Engineer
chris at chrisserafin.com