[c-nsp] Cisco 7507 RSP4+ with VIP-2 and 2PA-FE-TX

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Fri Jul 20 15:51:21 EDT 2007

For home use, just find some GEIP units, not the GEIP+ units, as there is a
HUGE different in the resale value as I am sure you know. If I remember my
reading correctly, the older GEIP is still good for 3-400mbps, if your running
more than that wow.

Outside of BGP table issues, I wouldn't even touch it, it's been a great
router.  I have it running 12.2S, in SSO mode with dual RSP4's, a couple of
the GEIP+'s, and all the other cards are all on VIP4-80's as well.

The only thing I would really see wrong with it at home is the power it draws,
I am sure that has to hurt on the electric bill!

---
Howard Leadmon
http://www.leadmon.net