[c-nsp] How to connect two VRFs on the same router? (without a loop-cable)

Gunther Stammwitz gstammw at gmx.net
Sun Jul 22 04:55:35 EDT 2007

[...]
> > The only way how this can be achieved seems to me to use two
> > interfaces on the same router and to connect them with a
> cable. This
> > might look rather stupid when there's a cable coming out of
> the router and going into it again.
> >

> Stupid, but quite effective. I use exactly that solution for
> some kinds of problems.

Hello Joe,

Well that at least one had the same idea as I did and I don't feel that
stupid anymore :-)

> > Isn't there a way how this can be achieved in software????
>
> You can do the same setup via tunnels and loopbacks.

That's a really interesting option and I have thought about it too.
The problem is that each vrf hat it's own interface and they won't see each
other.

How can I build a tunnel between two ips that can't ping each other because
they are completeley separated?

Gunther