[c-nsp] How to connect two VRFs on the same router? (without a loop-cable)

Christian MacNevin macnevin at google.com
Sun Jul 22 15:34:17 EDT 2007

All of these suggestions will, I'm sure, work (there are chops here I
can't begin to match). My preference is usually to stick with only one
protocol or IOS construct, however. Less tracing of weird config.

So here's how it goes. Apologies if there's typos, it's been a while
and I'm at home without a router to talk to:

!set all your routes in A that you want to be reachable in B here
ip prefix-list prefixes_A2B a.b.c.d/24
!
route-map A2B permit 10
match ip address prefix-list prefixes_A2B
set extcommunity rt 123:456
!
ip vrf A
export map A2B
import 123:457
!

matched by....

ip prefix-list prefixes_B2A w.x.y.z/24
!
route-map A2B permit 10
match ip address prefix-list prefixes_B2A
set extcommunity rt 123:457
!
ip vrf B
export map B2A