[c-nsp] SNMP Temperature C3750 C2960

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Sun Jul 22 20:50:33 EDT 2007

Tomorrow Mihai Tanasescu said:

> I have some C3750 and C2960 equipments and I'm trying to get some
> temperature status info out of them.
>
> As far as I've seen these 2 models don't have a sensor built-in for more
> specific information(numerical temp. values) but from the CLI I can observe:
> #show env  temperature
> TEMPERATURE is OK

Also don't miss this:

 	#show env temp stat
 	Temperature Value: 37 Degree Celsius
 	Temperature State: GREEN
 	Yellow Threshold : 45 Degree Celsius
 	Red Threshold    : 65 Degree Celsius

> Is there any SNMP OID that I can query to get an integer value like 1
> for OK, 2 for something else ?

Here are two possibilities:

CISCO-STACK-MIB::chassisTempAlarm.0 = INTEGER: off(1)
CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonTemperatureState.1005 = INTEGER: normal(1)

> So far I've tried (picked up from a forum, but unfortunately it was for
> C3550, C2950):
> cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoEnvMonMIB.ciscoEnvMonObjects.ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusTable.ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusEntry.ciscoEnvMonTemperatureState
> and used the Cisco OID locator tool to see the OID behind it.
>
> I tried to query my equipments with that OID but found out that it
> didn't exist for C3750 and 2960.

It works here...

SNMP table: CISCO-ENVMON-MIB::ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusTable
  index            StatusDescr        StatusValue          Threshold      LastShutdown  State
   1005 SW#1, Sensor#1, GREEN  37 degrees Celsius 65 degrees Celsius 0 degrees Celsius normal

Note the unique index for each testpoint/stack member.

../C