[c-nsp] PERL: net::telnet::cisco still the way to go?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 17:09:44 EDT 2007

> Beware that using SNMP to actually *configure* has some caveats; in
> particular, on 6500s using SSO, config changes made via SNMP are not
> mirrored to the standby supervisor (I presume this is still true on
> latest SXF - was on earlier SXF)

I've been asked about this off-list, so the relevant link:

http://tinyurl.com/3dnd7v

"""Configuration changes made through SNMP are not synchronized to the
redundant supervisor engine. After you configure the switch through
SNMP, copy the running-config file to the startup-config file on the
active supervisor engine to trigger synchronization of the
startup-config file on the redundant supervisor engine"""

So in actual fact it's not as bad as I remembered - a "wr mem" will sync
them back up again, but to be noted I guess. Ironically, one can trigger
a "wr mem" over SNMP IIRC...