[c-nsp] PPPoE issues // ACS provide the same IP.

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Tue Jul 24 16:46:01 EDT 2007

Frank Bulk wrote:
> One way to perhaps prevent a duplicate IP is to try the undocumented "ppp
> ipcp unique-address" in your Virtual Template.  That's what we use on our
> 7206VXR.

That doesn't fix the problem, it will just prevent the duplicate IP
session from setting up.  The right answer is to fix the broken AAA
server giving out the same IP address for multiple sessions.

Easier yet, if possible, set the pool up in the router and let it
control giving out dynamic addresses.  You can just use a static pool in
the virtual-template or tell it which pool to use from the AAA server.

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC
rblayzor at inoc.net
http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/

Earth is 98% full...please delete anyone you can.