[c-nsp] Dual-Homed VPLS

alaerte.vidali at nsn.com alaerte.vidali at nsn.com
Wed Jul 25 11:32:54 EDT 2007

Hi Eric,

Exactly.

As PE would forward Spanning tree BPDUs transparently, I am considering
STP is also an option to block a link.
For example:

CE1-A_(fa-1/1)---------------  PE1=======PE2---------CE2-A (STP ROOT)
    (fa-1/2)                     \       /
                                   PE3

Considering CE2-A is STP root, CE1-A would receive BPDU from both
interfaces, would choose fa1/1 as RP and would block fa1/2.
What do you think?

I hope we receive more feedback.

Best Regards,
Alaerte