[c-nsp] Newbie BGP question

bill buhlman billbuhlman at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 12:16:26 EDT 2007

Hi,
  I have a question about my local router ID in BGP. We connect to our ISP through eBGP and our local router ID has been a private address (192.168.x.x) for years configured on VLAN 1 of our 7609. I was thinking about changing it because most everyone I see has a public IP for the local ID. Everything is working fine but if I do decide to change it should I put this on a loopback or is VLAN 1 still fine and will I have to soft reset the session or how should I go about this?

  Thanks,
  Bill