[c-nsp] PVDM2-24DM with a VWIC2-2MFT-T1?

Nate Carlson cisco-nsp at natecarlson.com
Fri Jul 27 12:13:22 EDT 2007

We're currently using a AS5300 for dial-in services, and would like to
move this over to a 3825 that we have sitting mainly idle. It looks like
the PVDM2-24DM would provide the digital modems we need; however, we
already have a VWIC2-2MFT-T1 installed in the 3825, and would like to use
that if possible, instead of the NM-2CE1T1-PRI card listed in the specs
for the PVDM - anyone know if that's possible? If not, anyone happen to
know if the NM-2CE1T1-PRI supports D&I? I'm not finding anything saying it
does, so I'm guessing no.

If anyone's actually migrated from a AS5300 to a router with a PVDM2, I'd
love to hear about the experience.  ;)

Thanks!

-nc