[c-nsp] 6500 - sup1/msfc2 boot problem

Gheorghe Limboi ghitzacatalin at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 17:38:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

I got into this on trying to boot a cat 6500 sup1/msfc2. I was working ok (testing fortunatly) and after a period of time beeing turned off when I turn it on it goes into rommon.
The boot fails with this error.

Is it anything that can be done with it?

tx,
gheorghe

 *** Bus Error (Load) Exception ***
Access address = 0xeefb4004
PC = 0x80005f60, Cause = 0x8000401c, Status Reg = 0x3041c003
ROM Monitor Can Not Recover From Exception
A Board Reset Is Issued

System Bootstrap, Version 12.1(3r)E2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 2000 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Warning: Rommon NVRAM area is corrupted. Initialize the area to default
environment checksum in NVRAM failed
environment checksum in NVRAM failed