[c-nsp] APC Cabinets with SIde Air Distribution

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Fri Jun 1 18:14:06 EDT 2007

Down here in Louisiana, I've had great success with the Might Mo racks from
Ortronics. I use the one with the 16.25" deep channel on each side. What's
really neat about these is that the rack mount shelves that ship with the
6500's exactly fit these racks, so that you can screw down all four corners.

The rack is capable of 19" or 23" width - just by choosing which set of
mounting holes you use to put it together. In the 19" configuration there's
still at least 2.5" of air space on either side of the switch, with the
sides of the rack acting as air baffles.

I've used these racks both in the data center, in a forced air environment,
and in CO's in ambient air environments with no troubles. The last install I
did was two racks with a 7609, a 6513, and several 3750's in each.

Joe