[c-nsp] NPE200 and ipv6 anyone ?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Jun 2 08:31:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 01:57:17PM +0200, Mark Pace Balzan wrote:
> Just curious if anyone has had any luck with running an ipv6 capable ios
> on the old 7200 npe200.
>
> Of course since its no longer supported by cisco its not clear which IOS
> will or will not work, and if any versions actually detect the hardware
> and refuse to boot, but its surely worth trying instead of leaving the
> boxes doing the job of a paperweight !
>
> 12.0S unfortunately does not support IPv6 - im tempted to try 12.3
> mainline, but wanted to see if anyone out there has been lucky.

I haven't tried it on NPE-200 yet, but given other folks' experience
with "running current IOS on NPE-200 or NPE-300" you *might* have success
with 12.3(current) main line.

Or you could wait for a working and security-bug-fixed 12.2S, but you're
aware of *that* can of worms :-)  (12.2(18)S13 should work pretty well,
if it ever appears)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de