[c-nsp] wireless lan controller and remote ap

Dan dan at technc.com
Mon Jun 4 16:04:25 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm interested in deploying a wireless lan in a school district.  There
are 19 buildings connected via wireless bridges.  I need about 45 access
pointed in total and I was looking at the 4400 series of wireless lan
controllers.  I was wondering if it is possible to have one controller
centrally located and have remote access points in the buildings managed
by the controller.  The only catch is I don't want all of the traffic
going back to the wireless lan controller, I would like the network
traffic to go back to the main switch, because the users will be logging
in locally, and just the management traffic to go back to the controller.

I have been getting different answers from many people including cisco
pre-sales, so I was wondering if anyone had real work experience with
this type of application?

Please let me know if I was not clear.
Thanks,
Dan.