[c-nsp] 6500 with IOS Firewall - Any experiences?

Brian Stiff (bstiff) bstiff at cisco.com
Wed Jun 6 10:36:22 EDT 2007

Hi Gustavo-

As you've seen, there's no SDM support, and I'm not aware of a similar
element-based tool for that platform.  Cisco Security Manager might
offer an option for dealing with the Firewall config if your customer
has enough boxes to make the investment worthwhile.  Sorry I missed
responding to the management questions on the first go-round.

I can't help you much answering questions comparing the Sup32 and
Sup720, I spend most of my time dealing with access routers where most
IOS Firewall discussion happens.

I'll second Roland's comments on the PISA acceleration of FPM, and I'll
point out that the PISA doesn't add anything for stateful inspection.

Regards,
Brian