[c-nsp] sub-interface inheritance of main interface properties

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Wed Jun 6 10:42:24 EDT 2007

I don't advise to rely on putting it on the main applying to the subs.

Put it on the interface you want it to apply to.

There was some work to do interface groups and interface ranges
to make the configuration simpler/easier to apply.

R2(config)#interface range ?
  Ethernet  IEEE 802.3
  Loopback  Loopback interface
  Tunnel    Tunnel interface
  macro     macro keyword

I have never played with it too much to know exactly how it's
implemented.

Rodney