[c-nsp] WAN optimization in IP carrier

Indra Simalango indra.simalango at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 22:31:30 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm quite newbie in this field. So far, in my current company, I've done
some PoC using Cisco WAAS and Packeteer PacketShaperXpress (the one with
Acceleration & Compression module).

For your requirements, how much WAN bandwidth do you have? What is each
connection type? Is it a fiberoptic, gigabit ethernet, or fair ethernet? If
may, please describe your network profile, what's main application traverse
your WAN? Also, is there any requirement for Server consolidation?

Thank you.

Indra A. Simalango
Associate Consultant, BSS/OSS
PT. Packet Systems Indonesia