[c-nsp] Cisco vs. Turin

Richard J. Sears rsears at adnc.com
Wed Jun 6 22:58:13 EDT 2007

I am looking to replace my 7513's that I use for T1 aggregation with
something like a Turin Networks TPE1200R and connect them to our 6500's
via 802.1q and gig ethernet.

The TPE1200 will terminate 12 Channelized DS3s and connect to the 6500
via dot1q for termination of the traffic.  I like the idea since my
6500s are running the 720-3bxl and are at about 10% capacity, and the
Turin box is 1U vs. an entire rack for 2 x 7513s.

I was wondering if Cisco had something similar or if anyone was using
some other hardware they could recommend for the same thing...

Thanks