[c-nsp] Cisco equivalent of juniper hardware

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:32:52 EDT 2007

Your answers mean that the LAN-type GigE on the 7600 series is
probably not
what you want.   Some of those cards are oversubscribed (IE, there
are 24 GigE ports
handled by 2 10-gig ASICs.) and they don't do shaping.

While it's very new, the ES20 20-port GigE blade for the 7600 I think
is the
cheapest option to get what you want, unless you need IPV6/mVPN/
4364VPN support, which adds to the cost via a license.

The GSR is probably a more mature platform to do what you want, but
it's going to be more expensive.

Phil