[c-nsp] Improve VPN performance by reducing MTU via DHCP?

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Jun 7 12:29:05 EDT 2007

True. The only drawback of that is that only applies to TCP so
your udp still has the issue.

Personally, if I were designing it and had a way to force
all my workstations down I would strongly consider it if their
main data transport is over some form of tunneled infrastructure.

The performance loss by not being able to send the extra 20 bytes
per frame on a local LAN would probably never be noticed.

Rodney