[c-nsp] 6500/7600 boot issues

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Jun 7 16:04:46 EDT 2007

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Church, Charles wrote:

> Do a 'conf-reg 0x2102' from the normal CLI.  Then do a 'wri mem'.  The
> wri mem should push the config register setting down to the switch side.
> The remote command method you listed won't work, since it's a one-line
> command only.  Do a 'show boot' and 'rem comm sw sh boot' when done to
> verify.

Another oddity in rem com sw sh boot:

#rem com sw sh boot

BOOT variable does not exist
CONFIG_FILE variable does not exist
BOOTLDR variable does not exist
Configuration register is 0x2142 (will be 0x2102 at next reload)

On all our others, the BOOT variable reflects the list of IOS's for which
we have boot system statements in the config.  Is the BOOT variable empty
because the confreg was 0x2142 (ignore config) at bootup, and next time we
boot, assuming the 0x2102 sticks, the BOOT variable will show up properly
populated?