[c-nsp] Suggestions on FTTH solutions

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Thu Jun 7 21:31:16 EDT 2007

Hjan wrote:

> Justin Shore ha scritto:
>
> > Has anyone deployed FTTH with Cisco equipment?  Can anyone
> > point me a page on Cisco's site that will point me to
> > Cisco's FTTH product line?
>
> Yes ;)
>
> Metro ethernet:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns577/networking_solutions_s
> olution.html
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/servpro/solutions/metro/m
> etro_ethernet.html
> 3750 Metro Switch:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5532/index.html

Cisco have some [comparitively] recently released switches other than
the 3750 Metro now - the ME 2400, 3400, 6500 and 4900. ONS and the
various other 7600/6900 optical modules may also be relevant.

RAD are coming out with some useful and very reasonably priced
Metro demarc and conversion devices. Pretty much every vendor is
producing optical switches targeted at Metro deployment.

Regards,
Brad