[c-nsp] DS1 Output Queue Drops

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Tue Jun 12 17:34:17 EDT 2007

Peder @ NetworkOblivion wrote:
> I am running a 7505 with RSP4 and CT3IP card.  I am getting what I think
> is a large number of output queue drops and I am not sure what to do.
> Here is an example, I reset the counters less than 4 minutes ago and got
> 74 drops already out of 13,888 packets.  The 5 minutes average is ~
> 155,000 bps, so it is not even close to full T1 speed.

That doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me.  It's quite possible the
traffic is very bursty on the other end.  Change your load-interval to
30 and see if that gives you a better idea of what's going on.  My guess
is that you have something on the far end that's just nailing something
big from a LAN or whatever it's happening quickly and you're not seeing
it in the 5 minute averages.

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC
rblayzor at inoc.net
http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/

FreeBSD, Putting the 'Operating' back into OS!