[c-nsp] quick port-security question

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Jun 20 11:03:29 EDT 2007

In reading over the documentation for configuring port-security, I didn't
see a clear answer for the following condition.  Assume the maximum
number of allowed MAC addresses is set to 1 and the response action is set
to restrict.

If a switchport sees frames for a second MAC address on a secured port
and the switch sends the appropriate alert, will it continue sending
alerts for every frame it sees that violates the configured policy, or
will it only send one alert per unique MAC address in violation of the
policy?

If you have a link to a document on the CCO that lays this out in detail,
please let me know.  Everything I've run across so far has been basic
setup instructions and not much more.

Thanks in advance
jms