[c-nsp] Forwarding http traffic to web filtering service

Bill Nash billn at billn.net
Wed Jun 20 11:02:27 EDT 2007

If your device doesn't support WCCP, you can emulate this with a NAT
directive in your ASA. I don't know the specific syntax offhand (I've no
PIX's in my network, but the iptables equivalant is:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
192.168.100.1:3128

I don't think your route-map option will work, incidentally, unless you're
changing the next-hop to the inside interface of a NAT layer that
implements what I describe above.

- billn