[c-nsp] no mop enabled

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Mon Jun 25 10:30:25 EDT 2007

8:56am Gert Doering said:

> On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 07:56:10PM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> There are, after all, those of us who still use it.
>>
>> OpenVMS is still in production.
>
> Nothing wrong with that, but why does it have to be *on* by default?
>
> Even IP/IPv6 isn't enabled on all interfaces by default...

Exactly. And especially on 12.4T+ trains, Cisco please make it go away by
default. Barring that, at least flip the show *conf logic:

  !
  interface GigabitEthernet0/1
   no ip address
   mop enabled
  !
  #show int counters protocol status
  GigabitEthernet0/1: Other, IP, DEC MOP, ARP, CDP

So that when we elect to turn it *off*, parsimony rules:

  !
  interface GigabitEthernet0/1
   ip address 192.0.2.0 255.255.255.254
  !
  #show int counters protocol status
  GigabitEthernet0/1: Other, IP, ARP, CDP

Or even better yet, add a global conf mode command that preemps *all* the
interface configs:

  !
  no mop
  !