[c-nsp] Looking for a 2000 port GigE (rj45) solution?

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Mon Jun 25 11:52:35 EDT 2007

Gabriel Graven wrote:
> Im looking for suggestions for the best value to accomplish a 2000+ port of GigE RJ-45 in one central location.
>
> I am open to looking at stacking solutions, or chassis based.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions??

A couple of questions that come to mind is what type of throughput are
you looking for on each port on average and are you looking for just one
big layer2 network, any uplinks, layer3 ports?  You can stack low cost
chassis probably all day long but other than just having 2000 ports,
what are you trying to achieve?

--
Robert Blayzor
INOC
rblayzor at inoc.net
http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/

The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer,
not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.