[c-nsp] Cisco Multilink PPP

Troy Beisigl troy at i2bnetworks.com
Mon Jun 25 20:24:54 EDT 2007

The syslogs showed nothing at the time of the VIP crash. Every time it does
crash, nothing odd shows up in the syslogs. We do get a crashdump file on
the bootflash every time this happens though.

The version that we are running is only due to it being stable for so long.
This just started to happen. We tried a 12.4(8) and that had all sorts of
issues with packet loss.

One thing I can tell you is that if you remove the multilink interface and
serial interfaces for one bundle that is down and re-add them, the router
will no longer show a route in the routing table for any of those
interfaces. If I create a whole new multilink interface and put the same IP
address in it that was in the non-working one, it will come up and work just
fine.

Troy Beisigl
Network Director
I2B Networks, Inc