[c-nsp] Prevent traffic originated from the router using access-list

Vikas Sharma vikassharmas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 02:57:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

How can I stop traffic originated from local router e.g. from loopback
interface of router to go any where?

I tried with ACL but it permits the traffic as access-list only stop traffic
passing through the router not originated from the router.

=========
access-list 101 deny ip host 192.168.5.254 any
access-list 101 permit any any

ip access-group 101 out
=========

Using below conf i am able to achieve the objective. In that I have changed
the sourse and destination. Thats correct.

But I wanted to know can I achieve the same result using sourse as loopback?

working conf -
access-list 102 deny ip any host 192.168.5.254
access-list 102 permit ip any any

 ip access-group 102 in