[c-nsp] Question about DST on Cisco CatOS

John Smith jsmith19365 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 11:59:55 EST 2007

Greetings,

  I have a question about the new DST changes taking place this March 11th.

  We are using NTP on our network and are moving to UTC. We have Cisco devices (IOS/CatOS) throughout US and are currently using local timezone's. The question I have pertains to devices running on CatOS.

  The following is what we have right now for the config on one of the devices running CatOS.

  #ntp
  set ntp client enable
  set ntp server x.x.x.x
  set ntp server x.x.x.x
  set timezone MST -7 0
  set summertime enable MDT
  !

  We will be running a script to run the following 2 commands to move the timezone to UTC - for CatOS.

  clear ntp timezone
  set ntp timezone UTC

  The question I have is do I have to add 'set summertime disable' in order to get rid of DST or will the Switch know that its on UTC and just ignore my summertime command?

  Thanks!
  -JS-