[c-nsp] Cisco/RADIUS PoD Disconnect Problem

Alexander Serkin als at cell.ru
Mon Mar 5 06:16:06 EST 2007

You're probably not supplying all the nesessary attributes for disconnect.
Check wich auth-type is used in your "aaa server radius dynamic-author"
configuration and the PoD itself - wich attributes are you sending to
the NAS. It works for us in 12.3(14)YX4 with the following
dynamic-author config:

aaa server radius dynamic-author
  client a.b.c.d
  server-key 0 secret
  auth-type any

and the PoD:

User-Name = <name at realm>
Calling-Station-Id = <CLID>

Mark Tinka wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> We are experiencing an issue where an interactive disconnect request
> made on the the RADIUS server (Radiator) for a user having reached
> their usage limit is returing the following error:
>
> Reply-Message = "Session Not Removed"
> Error-Cause = Session-Context-Not-Removable
>

> A 'debug aaa pod' gives the following:
>
> Mar  3 13:38:15.214: POD: Added Reply Message: Session Not Removed
> Mar  3 13:38:15.214: POD: Added NACK Error Cause: Session Context
> Not Removable
>

> Router is a 7206-VXR/NPE-G1 with IOS 12.3(11)YF4.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark.

Sincerely Yours,
Alexander