[c-nsp] IPv6 BGP on 7200

Anton Kapela tk at 5ninesdata.com
Mon Mar 5 18:52:04 EST 2007

> > (We have a couple of boxes that do IPv4+IPv6, but no MPLS, and 12.3
> > seems to be mostly well-behaved.  No ATM route-bridge encapsulation
> > for IPv6, though, but AFAIR 12.2S doesn't have that either).
> >

> Ok, the box is running 12.3(22) for more than 3 hours now.
> No problems so far.

At the last Nanog meeting, we struggled to find something that supported
native v6 peers, 6to4 tunnels, and cef-switched support for everything.
We tried 12.2S and found that it lacked support for MQC for v6 native
interfaces. Because we also needed NBAR support to remark
rtp/ssh-non-bulk/etc on dot1q subints and v6 MQC, we settled on 12.4
mainline and it ran fine for the duration of the meeting. The specific
image was c7200-pk9u2-mz.124-3g.bin.

-Tk