[c-nsp] OSPF for loopback interfaces - /32 instead of /29

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at sscplus.nl
Tue Mar 6 07:10:40 EST 2007

Hi Vincent,

It has to do with the network type for loopbacks.

According to RFC 2328:

"OSPF enables the flexible configuration of IP subnets ... Host routes are
considered to be subnets whose masks are 'all ones' (0xffffffff)."

If you want the configured mask configure: ip ospf network-type
point-to-point

Regards,
Jeff