[c-nsp] DHCP on 3750

Tom Sands tsands at rackspace.com
Tue Mar 6 08:00:36 EST 2007

1) Make sure you have "service dhcp"  (likely default)

2) Your network statement should match your vlan 401, the mask you have
is likely your problem.  You should create the network as 192.168.4.1
255.255.255.0, and then use an exclude-address to not assign certain
IP's or ranges.

3) What is the 10.10.4.50 for? You shouldn't need a helper address if
you are doing DHCP from the 3750 on the local subnet.

Tom Sands
Chief Network Engineer
Rackspace Managed Hosting
(210)447-4391

Azher Amin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure DHCP Server on 3750 as below. I can easily ping
> from host on Vlan401 to 10.10.4.50. However the hosts in VLAN401 cannot
> use the DHCP service offered by the router.
> I have also tried debug ip dhcp server packet, but no output
>
> Can someone plz suggest where i am wrong.
>
> Regards
> -Azher
>
> ip dhcp pool mypool
>    network 192.168.4.248 255.255.255.248
>    dns-server 10.10.4.66
>    default-router 192.168.4.1
>    lease 7
> !
>
> interface Vlan401
>  description Lab 1
>  ip address 192.168.4.1 255.255.255.0
>  ip helper-address 10.10.4.50
> !
>
> interface Vlan10
>  description management
>  ip address 10.10.4.50 255.0.0.0
> !

expressly indicated, is confidential and privileged information of Rackspace
Managed Hosting. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed
material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the
original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.