[c-nsp] SUP720-3B and NAT performance

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Mar 7 18:51:52 EST 2007

>> Were you trying to NAT ESP? The Sup720 will only NAT UDP and
>> TCP in 'hardware'.

> I'm not sure if you're mocking me here...

No no, it just dawned on me then that if you are trying to NAT
ESP, then what you're seing is apparently expected behaviour.

> I didn't find that on Cisco's web pages for the hw (SUP720-3B)
> and sw (12.2(18)SXF7). Would you have a pointer to the page for
> me?

Hmm, I don't know if it's publicly documented anywhere, but ask
your account team for the document EDCS-282022. The description
(unfortunately) matches what I've seen live.

-A