[c-nsp] Design - gre+ipsec+vpnsm+fwsm+vrf

Ge Moua moua0100 at umn.edu
Thu Mar 8 16:15:02 EST 2007

Szilard-
This is what I'm thinking for your situation:
- substitute the 7200 for your VPN SPA (we also initially considered using
this as well)
- FWSM is in transparent mode (layer 2) running 3.1(4)
- Cat6k/Sup720 running: 12.2(18)SXF5
- be sure to use vrf-aware IPSec (config very different from "plain" non-vrf
IPSec)
- we are also doing VRF lite on the 7200 to be able to use RRI
(reverse-route injection) so that static routes (for the nets behind far
side VPN gateway) are created on the fly (I like this because this mitigates
routing configuration with VPN); other options could be tp use dynamic
routing over GRE or just static routes

Hopefully the drawing was helpful.  Good luck.

:-)
Regards,
Ge Moua | Email: moua0100 at umn.edu

Network Design Engineer
University of Minnesota | Networking & Telecommunications Services
2218 University Ave SE | Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029