[c-nsp] DST change on catos 6500

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Sun Mar 11 10:19:45 EST 2007

Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	Avoids all the flash filesystem bugs related to DST that i've had
> them fix over the years as well.  (where the timestamp on the file will
> "change" every spring/fall).

What do you mean you had them fix?  Accordingly to my RANCID diffs this
AM, every IOS device I have that's running anything from 12.3(10) to the
12.4(11)T1 or 12.2(33)SRB changed the timestamps on the contents of the
local flash: this morning.

I may put some serious thought into UTC.  Are there any major pitfalls
that anyone can think of?  Are syslog/netflow/AAA/monitoring server will
likely stay on local time.  Would that be a big problem?

Justin