[c-nsp] Cisco 2621 and Asterisk

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Mar 12 21:07:30 EST 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 06:50:50AM +0500, Azher Amin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure Cisco 2621 (2 FXS + 2FXO) with Asterisk PBX.
> Cisco IOS is 12.2. I have done many configurations but somehow they are
> not working. Asterisk requires authentication while in this IOS release
> under sip-ua  , username authentication option is not available. Can
> someone plz share his experience on how to configure the whole setup.

	so what i've done in the past is this:

asterisk sip.conf
[pstnlink]
type=friend
host=1.2.3.4
nat=no
qualify=no
context=your-correct-context
insecure=yes
insecure=very

[pstnlink1]
type=friend
host=1.2.3.4
nat=no
qualify=no
context=your-correct-context
insecure=yes
insecure=very

[pstnlink2]
type=friend
host=1.2.3.4
nat=no
qualify=no
context=your-correct-context
insecure=yes
insecure=very

	where the various ips correspond to the ip interfaces
it might source a sip request from, or where you might send it
to.  eg: loopback vs fe/eth/serial

	you can turn qualify on, i just have it off for some
legacy reason.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net