[c-nsp] slow convergence for full bgp table on a Cisco 7613/SUP720-3BXL

Emanuel Popa emanuel.popa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:32:33 EST 2007

Ytti,

Here is the output:
br01.frankfurt#sh int te 10/3 | i Input queue
  Input queue: 0/75/109/109 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0

But:

- routing protocol packets are not dropped when default hold queue of
75 is full; they are considered priority packets and they are dropped
after headroom of 1000 is full; please see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps167/products_tech_note09186a008012fb87.shtml
for more details

- PMTUD is enabled and we have a good data segment on this session:
br01.frankfurt#sh ip bgp neighbors A.B.C.D | i segment
Datagrams (max data segment is 1440 bytes):

Thanks,
Emanuel